When completing your Student Recital Contract Form, you will have the opportunity to choose one of three options regarding Live Streaming and Video Recording, as well as an additional fourth option regarding Audio Recording services.
The following question will appear as part of the Student Recital Contract Form. Applicable payment must be made by the Friday of each quarter’s finals week. Instructions/link for payment will be included in the form.
Do you wish to take advantage of any of the Concert Management Office’s recording and streaming services?
- No, I would not like my recital live streamed or recorded
- Live streaming only through Concerts@Bienen website (free of charge)
- Live streaming through Concerts@Bienen website, and video recording from the live stream ($20 payable online only)
- Audio recording with editing and mastering ($100 payable online only)
Any student performing a recital in Galvin Recital Hall, McClintock Choral and Recital Room, or Regenstein Master Class Room may choose to have their recital live streamed from the Bienen School website at no charge.
- Live streams are executed with a single, fixed camera position.
- Each student recital's event page on the Bienen website will link directly to the venue-specific webpage where the live stream is accessed. The recital can only be streamed directly from the Bienen website and cannot be embedded in any other third-party platform or website.
- Live streams are only accessible in real time and will not remain available to view after your recital has ended.
Video Recording of Live Stream
Any student who elects to have their recital live streamed has the option to request a video recording of the live stream for a fee of $20.
- At this time, we cannot offer video recording services for students who do not want their recital to be live streamed.
- Video recordings will receive only minimal editing: a title slide will be added to the beginning, and if a recital includes an intermission, it will be edited out. We are unable to accommodate further requests for additional edits.
- Payment of the $20 video recording fee is only accepted online. The deadline to submit payment for all student recitalists each quarter is the Friday of Finals Week.
- Students whose payment has been received by the deadline will receive an email from MusicTechnicalServices@northwestern.edu no later than the first Friday of the following academic quarter containing a link to download their video recording. Students will have until the end of that academic quarter to download their recordings, after which point the Concert Management Office cannot guarantee their recording will remain accessible.
Important Note: We are asking students to be mindful that our live stream and video recording systems and operations are still relatively new to us. In the rare event we are unable to provide a student with their recording, the student's $20 fee will be fully refunded. If the cause of the technical problem relates only to the video, we will make every effort to provide that student with the audio recording of their recital. Unfortunately, we can offer no further remedies. For this reason, students who consider a video recording to be of critical importance may wish to consider arranging for their own recordist.
The Concert Management Office continues to offer professionally mastered, separately tracked audio recordings of student recitals for a fee of $100.
- Payment of the $100 audio recording fee is only accepted online and must be received by the Friday of Finals Week of the quarter in which your recital took place.
- Students will receive audio recordings that have been mastered for optimal balance, with each piece or each movement within a larger work separately tracked and numbered.
- Students whose payment has been received by the deadline will receive an email from MusicTechnicalServices@northwestern.edu no later than the first Friday of the following academic quarter containing a link to download their audio recording. Students will have until the end of that academic quarter to download their recordings, after which point the Concert Management Office cannot guarantee their recording will remain accessible.
- Students are welcome to request and pay for both a video recording and an audio recording, but only the audio recording will be professionally mastered.
Make a Recording Services Payment