Undergraduate Financial Aid

Northwestern University offers financial assistance to undergraduate students on the basis of need. We are among a small group of private institutions that continue to meet the full demonstrated need of aid applicants.

Each year, the Bienen School of Music will also award selective merit-based scholarships to those whose musical auditions demonstrate remarkable excellence. Since Northwestern is a need-based financial aid institution, merit scholarships will be a factor in calculating offers based upon a family’s demonstrated financial need.

Our experience has taught us that waiting until spring of your senior year to consider financial aid is too late—you will have missed out on many opportunities. If you are concerned about the costs of a college degree, or have questions about how to pay for college and the various types of financial aid, we encourage you to contact the Assistant Dean for Admission, Financial Aid and Graduate Services. You can set up a phone appointment by calling 847-491-3141 or emailing musiclife@northwestern.edu. Financial aid counseling is an important step in determining where you will attend college.

The Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid offers comprehensive information on scholarships and grants, federal work-study, GI Bill® benefits, loans for parents and students, a Net Price Calculator, and resources to help determine college costs and how to manage your financial aid.

Apply for Financial Aid

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.