Customer Service Representative
Wage: Base: $11/hour; Maximum: $14/hour
Supervisor: Ticketing Manager, Shift Managers
Functions: As a Customer Service Representative (CSR), you will represent the Bienen School of Music by providing customer service to a wide range of patrons, faculty, and students attending our 100+ concerts and performances throughout the year. CSRs sell tickets to these events and provide general customer assistance over the phones, at the Concerts@Bienen Ticket Office, and in the concert hall lobby directly before events. Working in a professional but social environment alongside other CSRs and student Shift Managers, the CSRs strive to create a friendly and positive impression of the Bienen School of Music for all patrons.
Hours: Flexible hours seven days a week between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., working approximately 8 to 12 hours per week based on work study allowance. Schedule to be sent out weekly based on concert schedules and reported CSR availability. A mixture of evening, daytime, and weekend hours. Work takes place in the Concerts@Bienen Ticket Office at Pick-Staiger and at events held in various on-campus performance venues. Optional hours during holiday breaks.
Dress: During public events, CSR staff must wear clean, professional attire and a name tag. Concert dress code is black apparel only—suggested attire for men is a pressed, black, oxford dress shirt and black pants. Suggested attire for women is to wear a black dress, or a black blouse with black skirt or pants. Jeans, T-shirts, or tennis shoes are not acceptable during concert shifts. Casual wear is acceptable during shifts with no public events.
- Provide customer service and information for faculty, staff, students and patrons, both over the phone and at the ticket office.
- Attend to daytime ticketing operations including ticket sales, distribution, revenue collection, record keeping, and shift close-outs, including daily receipts of up to $2,000.00.
- Operate the ticket office for concerts at the specified venue, including ticket sales, record keeping, close-out procedures, and box office upkeep.
- Assist full-time staff with scheduling of Bienen School performance venues for student rehearsals and recitals.
- Communicate problems and/or suggestions to ticketing manager regarding operations, customer service, and training.
- Maintain compliance with Purchase Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to remain level-headed in hectic situations.
- Pleasant, service-oriented attitude is a must.
- Independence, initiative and common sense.
- Efficiency and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Neatness and organization.
- Ability to handle money accurately and efficiently.
- Experience with CRM database or sales systems preferred, not required.
- Previous experience with customer service and cash handling preferred, not required.
- Dependability and punctuality a must.
Wage: Base: $14/hour; Maximum: $17/hour
Supervisor: Ticketing Manager
Supervises: Customer Service Representatives (CSRs)
Functions: Provide customer service by answering phones, selling tickets and services, and assisting patrons, supervising events, supervising evening and weekend staff, resolving ticketing problems.
Hours: Flexible hours seven days a week between 8:30 AM and 10:00 PM. Approximately 8 to 12 hours per week based on work study allowance. Schedule to be determined at the beginning of each quarter based around the concert schedules and office hours. Includes reading and finals week with flexibility. Optional hours during holiday breaks. Quarterly mandatory meetings. A mixture of evening, daytime, and weekend hours. Work takes place in the Pick-Staiger Concert Office and at events held in nine locations on campus.
Dress: During public events, Shift Manager (SM) staff must wear clean, professional attire and a name tag. Concert dress code is business attire. Jeans, T-shirts, tennis shoes, or boots are not acceptable. Casual wear is acceptable during shifts with no public events.
Public Contact: High public contact
Monetary Responsibilities: Daily Receipts of up to $6,000
Cleaning, Physical Labor and Maintenance: Minimal; keeping office and box office areas organized and neat. Supervising the transportation of ticketing equipment from locked storage areas to concert locations on campus.
1. Supervise customer service and box office staff in the absence of the ticketing manager
2. Assist with hiring and training of CSR staff
3. Manage the box office for concerts at the specified venue, including ticket sales, record keeping, close-out procedures, and box office upkeep
4. Communicate problems and/or suggestions to ticketing manager regarding operations, customer service, and training
5. Oversee cash handling at events and at the end of the regular business day
6. Use independent judgment to resolve patron complaints and problems
7. Produce financial reports based on daily ticket transactions
8. Timeliness in opening and closing business operations and online sales
9. Balancing and depositing funds
10. Other duties including phone/window coverage as needed
1. Three academic quarters worth of experience as a Concerts@Bienen CSR required
2. Exemplary customer service attitude
3. Ability to communicate and resolve conflicts effectively
4. Prior supervisory experience preferred
5. Ability to remain level-headed in hectic situations
6. Pleasant, service-oriented attitude a must
7. Independence, initiative, and common sense
8. Efficiency and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
9. Experience with office equipment: copy machine, fax machine, phone, ticket printers. ticketing laptops, etc.
10. Neatness and organization
11. Experience with Mac and computers preferred, not required
12. Ability to handle money accurately and efficiently
13. Previous experience with customer service and cash handling preferred, not required