Audition & Program Requirements
Master of Music: Trumpet
Fall 2022 audition format update: Auditions will be entirely virtual. Trumpet applicants will interview live on Zoom and also submit audition repertoire recordings by February 15. Audition recordings must be submitted via the applicant's status portal. Posted 1/12/22
Prescreening required; must be video recording. Video should be framed so that it is close enough to be able to see the applicant's face and embouchure.
Prescreening and audition unaccompanied.
- 1 étude of applicant’s choice from Charlier, Bitsch, or equivalent.
- 1 short standard solo (Honegger Intrada or equivalent) or first movement from a standard concerto or sonata of applicant’s choice (Haydn, Hummel, Tomasi, Jolivet, or equivalent).
- 2 contrasting standard orchestral excerpts:
- Choose contrasting works that will display your highest level of achievement musically and technically.
For Final Audition:
All repertoire required. No substitutions.
- 2 études of applicant’s choice from Charlier, Bitsch, or equivalent.
- 1 movement from a standard concerto or sonata of applicant’s choice.
- Honneger, Intrada
- 4 contrasting standard orchestral excerpts
- 1 piccolo trumpet orchestral excerpt of J. S. Bach (Magnificat, Christmas Oratorio or B Minor Mass)