Audition & Program Requirements
Master of Music: Trumpet
Prescreening required; must be video recording. Video should be framed so that it is close enough to be able to see the applicant's face and embouchure.
Prescreening and audition unaccompanied.
- 1 étude of applicant’s choice from Charlier, Bitsch, or equivalent.
- 1 short standard solo (Honegger Intrada or equivalent) or first movement from a standard concerto or sonata of applicant’s choice (Haydn, Hummel, Tomasi, Jolivet, or equivalent).
- 2 contrasting standard orchestral excerpts:
- Choose contrasting works that will display your highest level of achievement musically and technically.
For Final Audition*:
All repertoire required. No substitutions.
- 2 études of applicant’s choice from Charlier, Bitsch, or equivalent.
- 1 standard concerto or sonata of applicant’s choice.
- Honneger, Intrada
- 4 contrasting standard orchestral excerpts
- 1 piccolo trumpet orchestral excerpt of J. S. Bach (Magnificat, Christmas Oratorio or B Minor Mass)
*NOTE: Fall 2021 trumpet auditions must be entirely prerecorded and there will not be any live virtual auditions. Further information will be sent directly to applicants.