Audition & Program Requirements
Master of Music: Bassoon
No prescreening; audition unaccompanied.
For Final Audition:
- Choose exposition sections from two works or movements that are contrasting in style or time period.
NOTE: Listed repertoire is not required; any pieces of commensurate difficulty will be accepted. Two contrasting movements from the following compositions are also acceptable.
- Milde, étude from Concert Studies Book 2
- Mozart, Concerto K.191, first and second movements
- Saint-Saëns, Sonata, first and second movements
- Vivaldi, any concerto, first and third movements
- Three contrasting orchestral excerpts of the applicant's choice
NOTE: Listed repertoire is not required; any pieces of commensurate difficulty will be accepted.
Suggested orchestral excerpts:
- Ravel, Boléro (solo)
- Stravinsky, Le sacre du printemps, opening and recapitulation on C-flat
- Mozart, Overture to Le Nozze di Figaro, opening and recapitulation (eighth-note passages)
- Beethoven, Symphony No. 4, fourth movement (sixteenth-note passages)
- Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 4, end of second movement
In addition: In the live audition, please be prepared to play a selection of major and harmonic-minor scales and major and minor arpeggios.