Audition & Program Requirements
Bachelor of Music: Bassoon
No prescreening round; audition unaccompanied.
Fall 2023 Audition Formats:
Applicants will have the option to audition on campus or live on Zoom. Those auditioning on Zoom are also required to submit recordings of all their audition repertoire. Audition recordings must be submitted via the applicant's Bienen School Supplement.
For Final Audition:
- Choose exposition sections from two works or movements that are contrasting in style or time period.
NOTE: Listed repertoire is not required; any pieces of commensurate difficulty will be accepted. Two contrasting movements from the following compositions are also acceptable, but other works of commensurate difficulty are welcome.
- Milde, étude from Concert Studies Book 1
- Mozart, Concerto K.191, first and second movements
- Weber, Concerto Op. 75, first and second movements
- Two contrasting orchestral excerpts of the applicant's choice
In addition: In the live audition, please be prepared to play all major and harmonic-minor scales up to high C.