No prescreening round; audition unaccompanied.
Fall 2024 Audition Formats:
All applicants whose program requires an audition are asked to audition on campus. Virtual auditions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For Final Audition:
- Choose exposition sections from two works or movements that are contrasting in style or time period.
NOTE: Listed repertoire is not required; any pieces of commensurate difficulty will be accepted. Two contrasting movements from the following compositions are also acceptable, but other works of commensurate difficulty are welcome.
- Milde, étude from Concert Studies Book 1
- Mozart, Concerto K.191, first and second movements
- Weber, Concerto Op. 75, first and second movements
- Two contrasting orchestral excerpts of the applicant's choice
In addition: In the live audition, please be prepared to play all major and harmonic-minor scales up to high C.