Audition & Program Requirements
Bachelor of Music: Harp
No prescreening round; audition unaccompanied.
Fall 2023 Audition Formats:
Applicants will have the option to audition on campus or live on Zoom. Those auditioning on Zoom are also required to submit recordings of all their audition repertoire. Audition recordings must be submitted via the applicant's Bienen School Supplement.
For Final Audition:
- One technical étude, such as Bochsa, Pozzoli, or Schmidt
- One orchestral excerpt or cadenza, such as:
- Tchaikovsky, cadenza from The Nutcracker
- Berlioz, Symphonie fantastique
- Rimsky-Korsakov, Capriccio Espagnol
- Two contrasting solos (cuts are acceptable) totaling no more than 8 minutes; examples include:
- Grandjany, Fantasy on a Theme of Haydn
- Salzedo, Chanson dans la Nuit
- Prokofiev, Prelude in C Major "Harp"
- Tournier, Etude de Concert