Audition & Program Requirements
Master of Music: Saxophone
Prescreening required; must be video recording. Prescreening may or may not include accompaniment, at the discretion of the applicant.
- Two contrasting études by Bozza, Lacour, Koechlin, Karg-Elert, Ferling, or other études of similar difficulty
- Two complete solo works of contrasting styles, including at least one work from the standard repertoire.
For Final Audition:
- All major and harmonic minor scales, full range; major 3rds.
- Three complete works of contrasting styles. One should be from the standard repertoire and one should be from the contemporary repertoire. Selected movements constituting the majority of each work will also be acceptable.
- Optional: If you have a background in jazz that you would like to demonstrate, you may present jazz selections such as a transcription, jazz étude, and/or improvisation (with play-along).