Prescreening required; must be video recording. Prescreening may or may not include accompaniment, at the discretion of the applicant.
- One étude by Popper or one caprice by Piatti
- One movement from a Bach Suite
- The exposition from a standard cello concerto
For Final Audition:
- One étude by Popper and one caprice by Piatti OR two by either
- Two contrasting movements from a Bach Suite
- One complete cello concerto by a composer such as Haydn, Schumann, Tchaikovsky, Elgar, Shostakovich, or Prokofiev
- One piece composed after 1940
Fall 2024 Audition Formats:
All applicants whose program requires an audition are asked to audition on campus. Virtual auditions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants should wait to receive their prescreening results before contacting the Office of Music Admission about virtual audition options.