No prescreening round; audition unaccompanied.
Fall 2024 Audition Formats:
All applicants whose program requires an audition are asked to audition on campus. Virtual auditions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For Final Audition:
- Two contrasting solo pieces
- Choose a total of three orchestral excerpts from:
- Mozart, symphonies 35, 39, 40
- Beethoven, symphonies 3, 5, 7, 9
- Brahms, symphonies 1, 2
- Strauss, any standard tone poem
In addition: One major scale, one harmonic minor scale, and one natural minor scale of choice, in two or three octaves
Note: Sight-reading and memorization are not required