Audition & Program Requirements
Bachelor of Music: Double Bass
No prescreening; audition unaccompanied.
For Final Audition*:
- Two contrasting solo pieces
- Choose a total of three orchestral excerpts from:
- Mozart, Symphony 35, 39, 40
- Beethoven, Symphony 3, 5, 7, 9
- Brahms, Symphony 1, 2
- Strauss, any standard tone poem
In addition: One major scale, one harmonic minor scale, and one natural minor scale of choice, in two or three octaves
Note: Sight-reading and memorization are not required
*NOTE: Fall 2021 double bass auditions must be entirely prerecorded and there will not be any live virtual auditions. Further information will be sent directly to applicants.