The Northwestern University Henry and Leigh Bienen School of Music invites applications and nominations for a tenure-eligible faculty position in Music Education. The ideal candidate will complement current faculty strengths and be committed to music education as both a practical and academic discipline, engaging musicians in a comprehensive School of Music and the broader population of Northwestern as a research-oriented University.
The position will be at the rank of Associate Professor or full Professor to begin September 1, 2019.
Required: PhD in Music Education; successful public school and college teaching experience; proven record of a) scholarship as evidenced by publications and b) excellence in teaching music at the university level.
Preferred: Specialty in instrumental music education
- Teach undergraduate/graduate level core courses in music education
- Teach other music education courses in the candidate’s field of expertise
- Supervise graduate research projects
- Direct and advise dissertations
- Contribute to scholarly research and professional leadership in the field
- Participate in the activities of a School of Music in a research university
Screening begins November 1, 2018 and continues until position is filled. Submit a letter of interest; curriculum vitae; and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references via the online application.
Direct questions to Steven Demorest, Search Committee chair: email@example.com.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.