The Northwestern University Henry and Leigh Bienen School of Music invites applications and nominations for a full-time, tenure-track (Assistant Professor) or tenure-eligible (Associate and Full Professor) position in Music Education to begin September 1, 2022. Area of specialization is open, however the ideal candidate will complement current faculty’s curricular and scholarly strengths, will be committed to music education as both a practical and academic discipline, and will envision music learning and teaching as a global endeavor that occurs across the lifespan and both within and outside formal educational institutions.
- Doctoral degree in Music Education
- An ongoing commitment to one or more lines of significant, innovative, and forward-looking research as demonstrated through publications and national/international professional activities
- Successful primary and/or secondary school teaching experience and demonstrated effectiveness teaching music at university undergraduate and graduate levels
- Evidence of innovative teaching (e.g., explores the nexus between music education and other disciplines, explores new models and environments of music learning, or examines music education’s role in the preparation of professional musicians)
- Teaching, research, and service activities consistent with those of a large school of music within a research university
- Teach undergraduate- and graduate-level core courses in music education as well as other courses and seminars in the applicant’s area(s) of expertise and scholarly interest
- Supervise graduate research projects and direct/advise dissertations in line with Northwestern University’s mission as a major research institution
- Maintain a high level of professional visibility through ongoing contributions to scholarly research and professional leadership in the field
Priority will be given to applications received before October 15, 2021. Screening will begin September 1, 2021, and continue until position is filled. Applicants should submit:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three persons qualified to serve as references
Please direct questions to Dr. Sarah Bartolome, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.